Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Time to Gear Up for the New Year

Now that the holidays are over, it's time to gear up and get organized for the new year.

I finished knitting my socks for me. They're toasty warm (see earlier entry showing them as a WIP for details) -- perfect for snow blowing/shoveling wear. The self-portrait wearing socks (over socks) looks lame.



These socks were a "learning experience" -- as is my life, it seems. What's wrong? Stripes don't even closely match. Toes are too square. Little holes at the heel where I picked up the gusset stitches. Probably all the mistakes everyone else has made. Next, I'm doing toe ups -- all the pictures show more roundy toes.

And it's time to get busy on the latest Keepsake Quilting Challenge -- Home Sweet Home. Here are the fabrics we have to work with. Love the fabrics -- now for some ideas....... Entries are due at the end of Mar.


2 comments:

cpurl17 said...

Hi there! I'm Cpurl17, sister of Casey! She mentioned you started a blog, yay!

Casey said...

YAY! About time! :tapfoot :giggle

I'm loving this! Your socks look warm and comfy. I can't wait to see MORE of your knitting and your quilts.

Congrats!!!!!! :woot