Monday, April 14, 2008

Back to School

Today is the first day of training for the SHINE program (Serving the Health Information Needs of Elders). I've got my notebooks ready, knitting bag filled, and brown bag lunch packed. Good thing the tests are all open book!

Finally we have our first 2008 charity project complete -- a man's hat. There were a few false starts.....and although this looks like it would fit only someone with a conehead, it really does fit a normal sized/shaped head (and yes, I tried it on more than my own). Next time, I'm going to tweak the top a bit -- and probably make it top down to avoid the old "ran out of yarn" problem. This is pretty heavy; 150 grams to be exact, knit with the yarn doubled.

Gift 2008-1

1 comment:

Em said...

that looks like a very nice, warm hat! :)