Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Mystic Light Shawl - Clue 1

I finished the first clue of the Mystic Light mystery shawl knit-a-long yesterday. I've named it "Morning Light." Yes, hard to believe, but I'm caught up for now. Clues are released on Wednesday mornings.

What's really incredible is that there are knitters who are actually making two shawls at once. They must be pretty fast knitters. And then there are the ones that finished their first clue on the first day! Definitely over-achievers. I was more than happy finishing mine in a week.

The yarn is Wooly Wonka's superwash wool (fingering weight). The cables look really good (center and at the sides). But the yarn colors seem to mask the lace pattern itself. I'm not changing it now -- we'll see what it looks like when it's finished.

1 comment:

Karen said...

It looks really gorgeous so far!