Monday, July 20, 2009

Summertime

We've swung into full summertime mode in the past week. The weather's turned hot and muggy (hot by New England standards). This past weekend we celebrated my parent's 60th anniversary with a cook-out. It was great seeing my cousins and their children -- unfortunately, my only pictures were of the kids, so there are no pictures to show.

Our garden loves this weather. I just hope it rains over the next few days -- the water source at the community gardens is kaput (or the pump is kaput) -- so we have to carry over jugs over water from the house. Not too convenient. But we're finally seeing results. Enough peas for a shrimp stir-fry. Zucchini, swiss chard, and cucumbers.....I'd say life couldn't get much better.....but it will once the tomatoes start ripening. Now this is summer.

No comments: