Sunday, August 16, 2009

An Abundance of Veggies

I have a knitting finished object.....but it's blocking now, awaiting its photo shoot.

In the meantime, we have more gardening news. There was a little alley behind our plot...its only purpose seemed to be gathering weeds. So we cleaned it up, mulched the area, and put in our hanging tomato! Yes, it looks lame -- and it's doubtful we'll get any tomatoes from it (don't believe that infomercial). The sand-filled Target bag is some ballast for the shepherd's hook; the string tied to the fence keeps it from tipping too far forward.


Our latest great crop is carrots. I've been pulling them sporadically -- using them as snacks at work or salad filler. Today we decided to try a second planting, so I pulled half our current crop. That's a lot of carrots (maybe my eyesight will start to improve?).

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, you are quite the farmer. Those carrots look so fresh and yummy. I think it was a great idea to use that weedy plot to try the hanging tomatoes. I hope they grow just like the infomercial said!!

cpurl17 said...

I love the Target bag innovation! Your garden is fantastic!