Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Foxfire Fiber - Springdelle Farm

Last Saturday I went to Foxfire Fibers open barn at Springdelle Farm in Shelburne, MA. Barb, Mike, and Holly were most gracious in welcoming us and showing off their flock. It was a picture perfect New England day and we were able to sit outside while sipping fresh apple cider and munching on cider doughnuts and apples.

















We got a preview of the upcoming fall yarn/fiber shares -- in my favorite sock/fingering weight. And were amazed at how much Mistral and Georgia had grown since we last saw them in June. They're almost acting like real sheep here.





Crackerjack the llama is always my favorite; carefully guarding his flock.


But it was hard not to smile at "don't hate me because I'm beautiful" Caitlin. She's got the pose down cold.

All in all, it was a wonderful way to spend the day!

No comments: