Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow Day

There was a whole lotta snow in New England yesterday. Enough to close schools, businesses, etc. A good thing because it snowed all day and then took hours (and hours) to clear the patio and driveway. Even this morning there was more on the ground and the dreaded mountain at the end of the driveway where the plows plowed us in. But the sun is shining today and hopefully some of it will sublimate (not much melting going on).

Snow blowing is messy business and requires lots of hats, scarves, and mittens. One of the most useful things I've made is a pair of felted mitten covers (circled) -- do my hands stay warm in those!

In between bouts of shoveling...I finished the right wing of my "In the Pink" shawl. That was fast. Now on to the left.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So much snow here too! I paid a couple of guys $40 to clear the snow and a few hours later the plows came through. Ugh! Took me over an hour this morning to dig myself back out. I can't believe how much got pushed back in by the plows but I'm looking forward to mail delivery today.