Monday, April 4, 2011

Because I Can

I've been working diligently on my Dunedin Vest. And taking what I learned at the Fit to Flatter workshop into account -- doing a lot of customization. The back is complete, with its waistline shaping (love that look).

Of course, the placement and rate of increases/decreases are customized for me. That was fine.....but when I got to the front with its pattern.....and wanted to do comparable shaping....things got a little trickier. But nothing that a little Excel couldn't help me solve. I charted out the entire front pattern section from the hem through the shaping. The zig-zags seem to zig and zag correctly and the decreases/increases are roughly in the same place as on the back.

Now the proof will be in the knitting. Why do I do this? Because I can!

1 comment:

The Old Man said...

Nice Blog