Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Both my children wear fur coats and have four legs. But Arizona, the Little A, honored me last night by waking me up five times and allowing me to lift her onto the bed -- then giving me a kiss each time for doing so. Funny how she can climb down with no problem. And even climb up during the day when we're not around (she does have steps we've made for her). But she's 19 and has bad arthritis....so she deserves special pampering. Besides, she's the only cat we've had who loves giving kisses.

I had to do something I really don't like to......cast on another project! But I needed something portable and uncomplicated. And the only things I have on the needles are 1) shawl with charts, beads, and nupps, 2) shawl with charts, beads, and nupps, and 3) vest than needs a couple inches ripped out to fix a pattern mistake (argh). So I started a new hat yesterday. At least it was stash yarn! But who needs a wool hat in May?


And who's crazy enough to have two charted, beaded, nupped shawls going at once???? One who's crazy enough to have two black, charted, beaded, nupped shawls going. What was I thinking???

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Love your furry ones.
I am casting on a dark blue shawl this week. Must be something in the air.