Wednesday, July 30, 2008

WIP to FO -- Making Progress

One of the things I love about summer is the wide variety of lilies in our garden. Stargazer lilies are just gorgeous -- with that distinctive scent. The petals are already stained yellow from all the pollen.
I did sign up for three Ravelympic events (scarf, bag, and toy) and make collecting patterns, needles, and yarn so I'm ready for opening day ceremonies. But meanwhile, I'm just making progress on finishing the five works-in-progress....or at least moving them forward a bit.
Clue 6 of the Slow Bee shawl is finished -- that's 6 out of 10 clues plus edging. SAM6 July socks will be done today -- stay tuned for pictures. And finally, the Lace Ribbon scarf is done. It's 7 inches wide by 63 inches long (I made is narrower than called for) -- I love the pattern, Alpaca yarn (The Alpaca Yarn Co's Paca-Peds) and color (harvest). As usual, blocking made all the difference.

Lace Ribbon Scarf

2 comments:

cpurl17 said...

Gorgeous stuff there!

I signed up for Mystery Stole 4 and the Rav Olympics. I'm hopelessy over optimistic!

Casey said...

Everythign is gorgeous, Bmom! The work on the shawl looks so dainty and wow, painstaking hard. I love the colors. You're so talented.

Good luck for the Olympics! Go the distance, baby!