Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New Deadline - PRESSURE

The final clues have been published in my two mystery knit-alongs, but I'm still plugging away at the shawls. We have Slow Bee through clue 5 (of 11) and Anniversary Mystery Shawl through clue 2 (of 5). I had to call a short time out to finish July's SAM6 socks.....where catastrophe struck. I tried on my footie (footy?), only to realize there was no way they'd ever fit with the limited amount of yarn available......so they when into the frog pond while I a) quickly started a pair of baby socks for July's entry and b) looked for more yarn for the footies (to be August's entry).
But then I was reading about the Ravelympics on Ravelry (knitting and crocheting website) and decided I needed to enter some events......the ones I'm looking at are....
  • Amigurumi-n-Toys Toss
  • Bag-n-Tote Backstroke
  • Felted Freestyle
  • Gift Knits Pentathlon
  • Scarf Stroke
This means I need to clear the decks, put the pedal to the metal, etc, etc -- FINISH all those WIPs -- so I can compete without distraction. That's five WIPs to be finished before opening day. Can I do it???????????????

1 comment:

cpurl17 said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!

the shawls are gorgeous!