Saturday, August 29, 2009

Rainy Weather Causes Frogs

And not just of the green, bug-eyed variety.

Tropical Storm Danny is passing by, bringing lots of rain. Lots and lots of rain. And I just frogged four WIPs. I really don't know if they were as bad as I thought.....or if I'm being too picky. But once I get the feeling that something isn't right -- it's better not to prolong the agony.

The yellow was first a crocheted baby blanket, then a knitted baby sweater -- both intended for charity. It was the patterns I didn't like --so that yarn will be repurposed into a cuter baby sweater.

The pink has tried to be three different sweaters. None of them appealed. The yarn is a cotton blend, so it'll go back into the stash till next spring/summer. Meanwhile, I'll continue my hunt for a good DK-weight spring/summer sweater.

The black is the second try at a shawl. The first was too light, this one too heavy. More yarn is on the way..........hopefully that'll be just right. Meanwhile, the heavier (DK-weight) black will become a vest.

And the ivory tried to be a shawl that's been in my queue for a long time......except I didn't like the way it was knitting up. I've realized I like my shawls with more solid knitting to show off the lace parts. This one was too open. So this will find a new pattern.

Now there's only one thing left in my knitting basket....a long-marinating shawl. Maybe it's time to get that back on track?

No comments: