Sunday, May 2, 2010

What a Yarn

There’s one love that we all share: yarn. Blog about a particular yarn you have used in the past or own in your stash, or perhaps one that you covet from afar. If it is a yarn you have used you could show the project that you used it for, perhaps writing a mini ‘review’. Perhaps, instead, you pine for the feel of the almost mythical qiviut? You could explore and research the raw material and manufacturing process if you were feeling investigative.

Whenever I go into a yarn shop, I'm immediately drawn to anything in alpaca. Anything. I have alpaca based yarn in a wide variety of weights and colors. It results in such gorgeous hats, shawls, and scarfs. I've heard that it stretches when in sweater form....but I've never tried it that way. Here are two of my favorite alpaca knits.....

They are both very soft and fuzzy.

No comments: