Saturday, July 3, 2010

Treadle While They Pedal

Today kicked off the Tour de Fleece and, oh by the way, the Tour de France. We spin along with the race. The whole idea is to challenge yourself. I'm obviously a rookie spinner -- so my goals are to become more familiar with my wheel, spin more consistently, and learn about different wools by spinning several different types.

I'm on two different team - Schacht Spinners (my wheel is a Schacht Matchless) and Rookies 2010. Boy am I that!

I'm starting with 8 ounces of Corriedale from The Painted Tiger. The color is called Japanese Maple. After about an hour of spinning, I had almost half a bobbin's worth. The consistency is improving....but it's so easy for me to over-draft and spin thread rather than yarn! I'd love to have enough to knit a simple shawl.

No comments: