Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Got the Blues....

This has been one very snowy winter. And everyone's got the winter blues. Lots of snow days for the schools. And lots of snow blowing and shoveling. This is the view out the front door this morning. Lots of snow plus an avalanche off the roof.

I've been knitting away on my shades of black "In the Pink" Shawl. Unfortunately, after watching the rapidly-shrinking ball of yarn remaining and reviewing other knitter's projects on Ravelry, I realized that I don't have enough yarn to finish the edging. So off to my local yarn shops I went -- with just the ball band. Neither had the same yarn in the right color. So I decided to go with a solid black from the same manufacturer. When I finally put the new yarn near the unfinished shawl something didn't look right...... So I looked more closely at the shawl in daylight....only to discover that it's shades of navy blue, not black! Argh.

Webs came to the rescue.....and another skein (of navy blue) arrived in the mail yesterday. It's funny how the shawl looks so blue in the picture.....but not in real life.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Are you at my house taking photos? Another 6" last night!!!