Monday, June 27, 2011

Adult Education

It's fun to take classes. Anything from a serious academic subject to something just for fun -- like line dancing or adult rolling skating (I'm surprised I didn't seriously injure myself with that one).

Recently I took a "Photography for Fiber" class at Webs, the big yarn shop in Northampton. The instructor was Gale Zucker, a professional photographer who has done the photography for several books, including Shear Spirit.

The class was lots of fun....and best of all, got me to start playing with the settings on my camera.....f-stops, shutter speed, exposure, etc. It's amazing what a difference it can make. No more just setting it on auto, then pointing and shooting (and praying for the best).

Now I can't wait for my new tripod to arrive!

No comments: