Monday, November 14, 2011

Giving Thanks by Giving Back

Sometimes it's hard to remember to "make one for you" when "making one for me."  Earlier this year, I helped make some Hats for Haiti, coordinated by Estella.  More recently, one of my co-workers organized a work effort to make squares to donate to the Pine Street Inn to support their effort to end homelessness.  I contributed some squares -- unfortunately before taking pictures!  Here's a picture from our Facebook page (I hope the link works) of all the squares we made.  [As a side note - making squares is a great opportunity to try out patterns in a stitch dictionary.]

Our next work team effort is to support the Mother Bear project by knitting bears for children affected by HIV/AIDS.  I've ordered my pattern and can't wait to get started.

I've also started knitting random hats just to have on hand (I was wondering if any local schools could use them -- must check into that -- I do know that one school requires store-bought only).  I found four skeins of this Plymouth Encore yarn at Savers for $4.99.  What a great deal - and perfect for this type of project!






No comments: