It seems like I've been spending a lot of time in my sewing room lately. That is, when I'm not over at the garden.
I have to laugh when I see patterns titled "easy." Or "make it today, wear it tomorrow." Right. I think I spend more time pinning, basting, and ripping than actually sewing. And making muslin after muslin.
That was certainly the case with this top. Butterick B5503. I've had the pattern for a while and thought it would be somewhat business like -- so more suitable for doing volunteer work than working in the yard.
My first muslin was generously sized, to say the least. Baggy, with too much ease. And too long between the shoulders and underarm....so much so that the arm opening extended half way to my waist. So I ended up cutting a smaller size and shortened the pieces by approximately one inch between the shoulders and bottom of the armhole (took some finagling to accommodate the curved yoke). The fit could use more tweaking, but it's now wearable.
The only other change I made was to eliminate the facing and bind the neck edge with contrasting fabric.
Note that there are no tucks - those are just wrinkles ironed in. Woops.