Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday Progress

Scary -- but efficiency is the name of the game this week. In the quest for the missing dp knitting needles, I cleaned out the UFO cabinet and yarn bin (big yarn bin). The good news is that I found missing needles to complete two sets. The better news is that I collected lots of old yarn (20-30 year old yarn) that we will attempt to Freecycle. You can tell its age by the bags from stores long gone that just disintegrate in your hands. Hopefully someone can use this....


And finally -- ta da -- our SAM5 February socks are complete. They're 'Vog ons in Marks and Kattens Clown, color 1720. The anklet style should be fun for spring -- six weeks away as predicted by Ms G, the soon-to-be state groundhog (that's G for Groundhog, of course). It will be a long six weeks. I think my March socks need to be wool. And yes, I know the Vog Ons need to be blocked.

SAM5-Feb


3 comments:

Em said...

Those socks are so cute!

bmom said...

Thanks -- and I think they'll be perfect with Crocs.

cpurl17 said...

Cute socks! I, sadly, have yet to knit a SAM pair. :(

I'm sure there's a charity group or school who would love that yarn!!