Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ravelympics -- First Medal

My first Ravelympics project was the Traveling Woman shawl entered in the short track shawl event. I started on 14 Feb and bound off on 21 Feb. Success -- badge, if not medal, worthy.

I entered this for Team Squint Squad (for all you Bones fans) and knit it in this color because it made me think of Angela Montenegro (from the TV show Bones). The yarn is Asian Trends Santa Fe -- a nice dense yarn -- great for a small shawl.

When I was done, I had about 9 grams of yarn left. Too much. I like to finish with just a tiny bit left -- enough to fix any holes that might appear, but no more. So after it was bound off and done -- I took it apart and added about a dozen more rows (reversing the pattern) till I ran out of yarn. Perfect. About three yards left. Can't get much better.

No comments: